East Dunbartonshire Women’s Aid has been providing services to women, children and young people since 1982.
Our main objective is to provide a complete, all-encompassing and flexible service, which respects the rights, and responds to the needs, of the women, children and young people involved. We also aim to empower women to take control of their lives and make decisions about their own futures.
Services we offer:-
- An information and support service based in our office in McGregor House, 10 Donaldson Crescent, Kirkintilloch, G66 1XF (Monday to Friday 9am to 4:30pm)
- Support to women, children and young people in our custom-built refuges (each of these has 5 self-contained flats, an office for staff and a communal space). In addition to these we also have two stand-alone refuges.
- An outreach service in Milngavie and Bearsden
- A follow-on support service, providing practical and emotional support for families who have moved out of refuge
- A children and young person’s outreach service (ages 5-19).
- A 24-hour crisis helpline